Solved

How to populate search envelope parameters from a file

• 17 January 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +8

I have a CSV file containing the four values of a bounding box. I would like to read the file into FME and populate the four search envelope values of an SDE reader in order to clip the data to the search envelope when reading the data. How do I populate those four values from the file?

Thanks,

Aaron

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 17 January 2019, 19:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Easiest way to do that is read the CSV file using the regular CSV reader and then a FeatureReader for the SDE. You can then set the search envelope parameters from the attributes you got out of the CSV.

Badge +8

@redgeographics solution definitely works but ideally we would like to use an ArcSDE GeoDB reader and populate the four Search Envelope parameters from a file. Is that possible?

Badge +16

@redgeographics solution definitely works but ideally we would like to use an ArcSDE GeoDB reader and populate the four Search Envelope parameters from a file. Is that possible?

One way to do that would be to use a CSV reader and have a second workspace (where the SDE reader resides) run via the WorkspaceRunner. Just make sure that you create user parameters from the search envelop parameters in de workspace with the SDE reader.

Badge +8

One way to do that would be to use a CSV reader and have a second workspace (where the SDE reader resides) run via the WorkspaceRunner. Just make sure that you create user parameters from the search envelop parameters in de workspace with the SDE reader.

Thanks @itay, that worked!

Badge +16

Thanks @itay, that worked!

Glad I could help.

Hello,

I know this post is a bit old but I can't seem to understand how to publish search envelope parameters. Usually, there is an arrow next to a variable where this is possible, and I don't see any here.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hello,

I know this post is a bit old but I can't seem to understand how to publish search envelope parameters. Usually, there is an arrow next to a variable where this is possible, and I don't see any here.

Thanks for your help!

It looks like you can't create user parameters for them when you're adding the reader, but once it's added you can go in to the Navigator and do that. At that point it will re-open that parameters dialog and the option to create user parameters will be available.

Yes, that's the solution. And it has been kindly illustrated from those who start like me in this post: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D74Q000008tCvuSAE/detail?s1oid=00D30000000ePES&t=1645451765628&s1nid=0DB0c000000Gmzx&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0054Q00000FUqNb&emtm=1645418698556&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0