Question

FME Challenge: A Pointless Quiz

Badge +5

Hi FME'ers,

For a little challenge this week, I thought I'd point you to the quiz that appears at the back of the FME training manuals. It's not an exam or anything, just fun FME-related trivia.

The quiz questions are simple ones like "name a format whose name has a space-related theme"; to which you could answer PlaNet, Sun Raster, STAR-APIC, or maybe even Danish UFO!

The twist is... your score is the number of times that answer appeared in our FME usage statistics, and the lowest score wins! So your answer should not just be correct, it should be the format or transformer you think was used the fewest times in 2015.

Each answer scores between 0 and 100 points. There are four questions so the best possible total score is 0 (zero) and the worst possible score is 400. If you get zero - without cheating - then you are the most awesome FME'er ever (and you should check out our careers page!)

Post your scores below (and your answers if you like) and good luck!

PS: If this type of quiz sounds familiar to you then you're probably - like me - addicted to this.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

really struggled to think what had been added in 2015. Thankfully, recently, I have been using an 'attribute' transformer that is not popular at all.

Badge +2

Honest total of 109 (almost 25)

Q1. 3

Q2. 100 (Would've been 16 if gone with instinct)

Q3. 2

Q4. 4

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

This is a workspace only containing my answers: pointless-quiz.fmwt (FME 2016.1)

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS BEFORE YOU POST YOUR SCORE ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Q1: 2

Q2: 12

Q3: 2

Q4: 100 (aaaaaah!)

116 total...

Badge

Q1: 1

Q2: 100

Q3: 5

Q4: 13

Total 119

Badge +5

Q1: 2

Q4: 100 (aaaaaah!)

116 total...

Ouch. Yes, Q4 is a tough one. Guaranteed good score if you get one, but not always easy to think back!

Badge +5

This is a workspace only containing my answers: pointless-quiz.fmwt (FME 2016.1)

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS BEFORE YOU POST YOUR SCORE ;)

Now that's got to earn extra points. Not only are your answers in a workspace, the workspace actually runs and does something! Fantastic.

To give your answers like others:

Q1. 1

Q2. 16

Q3. 6

Q4. 3

Badge +5

Q1: 1

Q2: 100

Q3: 5

Q4: 13

Total 119

Unlucky. Only the XML stumped you. Sorry, but you won't be winning an "I ? XML" t-shirt now!

Badge +5

Honest total of 109 (almost 25)

Q1. 3

Q2. 100 (Would've been 16 if gone with instinct)

Q3. 2

Q4. 4

Arrgh. If you'd gone with your instinct you would have been in the lead. That's gotta hurt :-(

Badge +5

really struggled to think what had been added in 2015. Thankfully, recently, I have been using an 'attribute' transformer that is not popular at all.

Did you get a 'pointless' answer? I'd be mightily impressed if you got the pointless attribute transformer.

Badge +2

Arrgh. If you'd gone with your instinct you would have been in the lead. That's gotta hurt :-(

Yep - but I'd made a note of my answers before checking so that's what's submitted! Arrrgh!

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Q1: 19

Q4: 0

Can't say I have every used the pointless attribute transformer and it looks like no one else has either

Badge +5

Excellent work folks. Ten points to Gryffindor!

I mean 10 reputation points for each of you!