Solved

I am having trouble writing to a Netapp share location mount using FME Server Linux.

• 18 December 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I have two Netapp share locations mounted to an instance of FME Server on Linux. These locations are setup as FME Server Resources. Jobs can successfully write out to one of them but not the other. All permissions are EXACTLY the same on both Netapp shares. I am at a loss as to what could be going on here.

icon

Best answer by rylanatsafe 2 February 2018, 16:47

View original

9 replies

Badge +10

Hi @lopes8,

Would you be able to share some details with us? What version of FME Server are you using and which Os? Were both the NetApps shares added after installation as per this documentation? Are the shares on the same machine or different machines? Hopefully the fmesharedresource.log should give us a clue as to why the second share is not working. If you can share that with our Support it would be great. In general though I would make sure both the User in FME Server and the account running the FME Server Windows Services have permissions to access the resources.

Badge +1

Hi @lopes8,

Would you be able to share some details with us? What version of FME Server are you using and which Os? Were both the NetApps shares added after installation as per this documentation? Are the shares on the same machine or different machines? Hopefully the fmesharedresource.log should give us a clue as to why the second share is not working. If you can share that with our Support it would be great. In general though I would make sure both the User in FME Server and the account running the FME Server Windows Services have permissions to access the resources.

Hello @RichardAtSafe

We are running FME Server 2015 on Linux RHEL 7. Both shares were mounted after installation of FME Server. Both shares are on the same machine. I will definiltey share the log file with your support and see what we can figure out.

Hello,

I work with lopes8 and would like to add the request log files.

Hi @lopes8,

I work with lopes8 and am trying to upload the fmesharedresource.log file to this forum. Is there a hard limit on the file size for I am unable to upload file?

Is there a limit on how big or what type of files I am able to upload? I am having trouble uploading the log file.

fmesharedresource.txt

I did just that yesterday but it failed, today I changed the permissions to the file to 755 and now I am able to upload it. Thanks

Badge +1

Hi @lopes8,

Okay, I now have a dev environment setup within a windows environment and am having similar issues. I just installed FME Server 2017 on a Windows 7 Enterprise box to test things in a windows environment. I got everything up and running but I am not able to create Resources that point to our NetApp locations. I also get an error when I publish a workspace that uses either mapped network locations or UNC path to the source and destination GDB's. On the box itself, I can navigate to these locations using windows explorer. I can use Workbench on the same box to read/write to these locations, no problem. I have attached a log file for reference. Oh, and I also made sure the GDB versions were congruent with the instance of ArcGIS on the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

job-2.txt

Badge +10
Okay, I now have a dev environment setup within a windows environment and am having similar issues. I just installed FME Server 2017 on a Windows 7 Enterprise box to test things in a windows environment. I got everything up and running but I am not able to create Resources that point to our NetApp locations. I also get an error when I publish a workspace that uses either mapped network locations or UNC path to the source and destination GDB's. On the box itself, I can navigate to these locations using windows explorer. I can use Workbench on the same box to read/write to these locations, no problem. I have attached a log file for reference. Oh, and I also made sure the GDB versions were congruent with the instance of ArcGIS on the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

job-2.txt

It would be good to test with some formats other than gdb, but it sounds like its a permissions issue. The account running the core, web, and engine need be able to access your directory.

This article may help: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1015/data-upload-part-1-read-data-from-a-url.html

Badge +11

For users running FME Server 2017 and Newer, the FME Server Application Server in addition to the FME Server Core and Engines needs to be running under an account that has permissions to access the network resources (Read, Execute + List at minimum). For Windows OS, this can be managed using the services.msc application.

Previously, it was common that only the FME Server Core and Engines had to run as the 'Service Account'.

Updates to the FME Server Troubleshooting Guide: Resources have been made.