Question

Featuremerger mixes up ID's

• 23 September 2013
  • 3 replies

HI,

I am having issues with featuremerger mixing up ID numbers.

I am joining two TAB files, address and propertyparcel. both tables hold a property ID on which I am merging.

I want the resulting address table (requestor) to hold the parcel id.

The issue is that after transformation the attributes are mixed up. the parcel id is populated with the property id and vice versa. Even weirder is that this is not consistent. it seems totally random as far as I can tell. (of over 25,000 records 11,000 get mixed up!)

All atribute fields have unique names before merging (I have put in attribute renamers before the merge).

any tips will be greatly apreciated!!

3 replies

Badge +14
To understand what is going on use a BulkAttributeRenamer to add a string prefix to your similarly named attribute(s) in both streams into the FeatureMerger. Say, REQUESTOR_id and SUPPLIER_id, that way you'll be able to spot which attributes are getting merged onto which features.
Thanks Dave,

I tried that and it still behaves as I thought it did.

If a property consists of one parcel, there does not seem to be an issue. th issue is where one prop_ID (correctly) consists of multiple parcel_ID's.

I have a feeling it might be caused because the address records are not specified to which of the parcel_ID's it should link as they all hold the same prop_ID to which it is linking....

not sure how to fix that...
I just solved it by putting in a spatialfilter first!! so only the Parcel records which hold the address point are used to merge .

Thanks again Dave.