Question

Load WMS with BBOX into my workbench

• 24 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I want to load a Web Map Service into my workbench with the FeatureReader. It works almost perfectly, but I want to use a bbox as a geographic filter for my WMS. The problem is that you can't insert a bbox in the WMS parameters of the reader. Is there a possibility to specify a bounding box?

Best Regards,

Felix

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Your initiating feature should include the bounding box geometry (e.g. using the 2DBoxReplacer or the BoundingBoxReplacer), and in the FeatureReader you should set the spatial filter to "Envelope intersects".

Badge +16

Hi @felixdergluecklTrue, as @david_r mentions your initiating feature geometry can be used as a bbox for the request in the FeatureReader.

If you are dealing with non spatial initiators, you can build the service request and incorporate a bbox into it.

Userlevel 4

Hi @felixdergluecklTrue, as @david_r mentions your initiating feature geometry can be used as a bbox for the request in the FeatureReader.

If you are dealing with non spatial initiators, you can build the service request and incorporate a bbox into it.

It's extremely easy to use the 2DBoxReplacer to turn your non-spatial initiator into a spatial initiator, however.