Question

FME Hub Doesn't Notify Me of Transformer Test Workspace Failure

• 18 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am the author of SQLiteSorter on FME Hub. I posted an update to the transformer about a week ago, and the test driver workspace I included passed. Then I looked today and the test driver reports failure. I think I've figured out why: The test driver workspace still referred to the old version of the transformer, without my improvements. And it was passing, so I figured I got it right. However, once I updated the transformer reference version, it started failing on a stupid Python typo. Whoops!

I've since fixed the transformer, updated the test driver to test the new version, and uploaded everything to the Hub. But I never saw an email from Hub last week to let me me that it started failing, even though I'd already set up for email notifications of that very event in my Hub/Ideas profile. And, of course, the Hub test passed when I uploaded it last week, so I thought it was working even then. :-/

Does anyone know if there a way I can notify the users of the transformer that it's been fixed? If not, perhaps I should add that as an idea, along with fixing the author failure notifications and a way to set a linked transformer reference to always use the latest available version.

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Seeing as anybody can download a custom transformer from the FME Hub, even without logging in, I suspect there's no good way of knowing who's using the transformer.

Badge +2

That is true, whether from the web or from Workbench. I should've realized that myself, but I know I was just frustrated and travel-fatigued yesterday. I will file ideas and a bug report regarding my other issues.