Question

Hi all, Can anybody provide a small example showing how to use an existing Web API's POST method.

• 22 February 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Hi all, Can anybody provide a small example showing how to use an existing Web API that create i.e a records in a database table from a JSON file. Specially I'm confused on how to define the JSON object so that the API (URL) knows and can use the JSON object as input data or body or whatever it is called. It would be very convenient to use already made API's for complex database updates, in stead of having to set up a large number of dependant FME writers to create the data and their relations.

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I think we'll need more details (or preferrably see the documentation) for this particular API to be able to give a meaningful example.

Usually you'll want to use the HTTPCaller for this, not the FME writers.

@david_r You're right. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. But I simply haven't been able to fillout the HTTPCaller paramters correct, so that it works. I can't quite figure out, what to put into the Body or maybe Header parameter. I had hoped, that a simple example would help to get it right.

Userlevel 4

What to put in the body and the header depends from one API to another, so it's difficult to give a concrete example. Is there some publicly available documentation for this API? That may help us.