Question

Raster Expression Evaluator for segmentation

• 12 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a pointcloud, each point has a value that spans between 0-50. I have separated these into 6 groups with the PointcloudFilter and collected these 6 categories of points into an attribute called Groups. Then I have created a NumericRaster grouped by Groups with a cellsize of 2mX2m.

What I want to do now is to make them into polygons, I have tried alternative routes with success however I would like to try the RasterToPolygonCoercer, therefore I need to alter the band of the raster to my group categories. My question is how I need to formulate the RasterExpressionEvaluator so that the Coercer makes polygons based on my previous filter groups?

1 reply

Badge +22

If I understand correctly you have 6 rasters, one for each of your groups, which contain pixel values somewhere in the range of 0-50, and you would like polygons with an attribute indicating which group they belong to.

If 0 is a valid data point, then your NumericRasterizer would have to explicitly be given a NoDataValue.

You can use a counter to assign a unique ID to each attribute.

An off aspect of the RasterExpressionEvaluator, is that if you set it to a fixed value, it overwrites the NoDataValue, but if you use a conditional statement, it ignores the NoDataValues.

So a condition like if(A[0]>=0,@Value(A:_count),0), will set every value pixel to your groupID and keep every noData pixel as is.

You can then use the RasterToPolygonCoercer.