Question

Maintain Rotation on Points

Badge

I have a bit of a convoluted workbench at the moment where I take in an AutoCAD level as a Reader which contains some blocks (stop & yield signs). I pass this through an AreaBuilder which makes it's way to a centerpoint replacer. The output is a Point feature within a Sequel DB. I'm trying to maintain the rotation of the signs so I can associate a bmp symbol to the point and have the proper rotation. (so the stop signs read the correct way).

The AreaBuilder appears to be dropping the exposed attributes from the reader, in particular the 'autocad_original_rotation' and 'fme_rotation'? which I essentially want to feed to the Writer using the Rotator transformer...

4 replies

Badge +22

What version of FME are you running? The latest AreaBuilder (v11) can handle accumulating attributes whereas earlier versions would only keep attributes that were in the Group-By Clause

Badge

What version of FME are you running? The latest AreaBuilder (v11) can handle accumulating attributes whereas earlier versions would only keep attributes that were in the Group-By Clause

@jdh2016.1

Badge +22

@jdh2016.1

That should propogate the attribute as long as the Accumulation mode is not set to Drop Incoming Attributes. I don't have any autocad files with blocks and levels to test on, but the dwg files I do have, all the attributes propagate as expected, including the unexposed autocad_...

Do the incoming features have a value in the fme_rotation field?

If you select Generate List, do the attributes appear in the list?

Badge

Some autocad format attribute will lose in some transformer, like AnchorSnapper will drop autocad_entity, etc. You can rename the attribute to keep it.