Question

Performing calculations on regular grid points

• 19 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I have a question about performing calculations on individual grid points.

I have a regular, 6*6 grid, which contains information about depth values (height above ground surface). I also have a constant ground surface elevation. I called these attributes [z.point] and [z.ground].

What I want to do, is to calculate the depth difference between the ground surface and those grid points, so basically I want to calculate [z.point]-[z.ground]. [z-ground] is a constant attribute, but z.point is a variable attribute that I already defined correctly per point via a spatial join.

Later on, I would like to use more formula's and add more attributes with formula output to the individual grid points, but I think that could be done once I know how to solve this problem.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Martin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further model information, if necessary:

The grid points come out of the 2DGridAccumulator, maybe that information is relevant when it comes down to using some transformer.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I think you would fetch the z value of your points using the CoordinateExtractor transformer. Then in an ExpressionEvaluator transformer you could calculate the fetched Z - ground Z (which you know to be constant).

Does that help?

Badge

Hi @Mark2AtSafe, thank you very much for your reaction. I tried several things last week, it turned out that the use of the AttributeManager already did the thing. The z-coördinates were already given to the grid points, I used the CoordinateExtracter already earlier in the model. So for now, it does what it should do. Tomorrow I'll be working on adapting the grid cell size based upon some calculation outcomes. I think about using a tester for that, if the sum of a certain attribute is less than 100, the grid should become smaller and smaller untill enough drills (=drill lenght) within a certain area with enough depth to come to a total depth of 100m.

Sounds maybe quite abstract, but in case I have questions about that, I'll know where to post them!

But anyways, I'm very satisfied with the answers I received on this forum! In case I don't know how to solve a next step(s), I'll keep you updated!