Question

PointOnArea Overlayer drops attributes

I have a problem with PointOnArea overlayer transformer and it is getting very frustrating.

I have three different point layers with different attributes and one polygon layer as input. Using the transformer, I noticed that one attribute appears to have no values, thus I assume it was dropped during the process.

I already tried to delet and reintegrate the transformer, furthermore I applied the list exploder transformer. No success!

What is going on here? Did anyone face the same problems and can suggest another approach?

Thanks,

Leona

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Could it be that this particular attribute exists on both the Point and the Area feature?

In the PointOnAreaOverlayer parameters, verify the settings under "Attribute accumulation", perhaps even try setting the accumulation mode to "prefix incoming" to see what's going on.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Are you trying to get the polygon output with attributes from all of the three point layers (where applicable)? Or trying to get the polygon info onto each point layer? Just trying to get the scenario straight.

Are you trying to get the polygon output with attributes from all of the three point layers (where applicable)? Or trying to get the polygon info onto each point layer? Just trying to get the scenario straight.

Hi Mark, no I would like to see which points do overlay with polygons and keep the result with all attributes from incoming point files.

Could it be that this particular attribute exists on both the Point and the Area feature?

In the PointOnAreaOverlayer parameters, verify the settings under "Attribute accumulation", perhaps even try setting the accumulation mode to "prefix incoming" to see what's going on.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the problem remains.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Would you be able to post a small sample of the data and the workspace? It should definitely be working and we've not heard any other complaints like this. I've mocked up a small example that I think simulates what you're going after and it does appear to work. Note I'm using FME 2017.1 here.

multiplepointonareatest.fmw