Question

Not receiving Topic messages FME Server 2016

Badge +4

Hi,

I am working in a production environment with FME Desktop and server of 2016 build 16717. And I have a problem receiving the Topic message on the production server. If I use a parameterFetcher I try to dereference the FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE, I get an error: undefined macro "FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE" dereferenced in file. When I do the same on my test machine everything works. I if I log every parameter on the Server I see no FME_TOPIC* parameters in my log.

I have created a directory watch pubisher which publishes topic to this "example_topic", and a subscription workspace to run when this topic is triggered.

When I test the topic either by placing a file on the watched directory, or "TOPICS/test topic" the workspace fires, but it does not receive a FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE.

Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong?

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi @paalped,

Sorry your having this issue. It be worth testing to see if other topics are behaving the same or if its just isolated to this one topic if its isolated to one topic I might be inclined to create a new topic. If all topics have the same behavior it is probably a disconnect between the core and engine in particular ports 7072 - 7076. It might also be worth checking to see if the json file is being written. Usually its placed in the C:/ProgramData/Safe Software/FME Server/resources/system/temp/subscriptions where C:/ProgramData/Safe Software is your fmeServer file share. Feel free to create a case if you need a hand debugging.

Badge +4

Hi @richardatsafe,

So what I have debugged so far is that when I register the workspace for notification when uploading a workspace, the subscription is registered as a push protocol the workspace gets triggered when the topic triggers, but without any topic message. If I upload the workspace and only register it with the job submitter, and then manually create a new topic, new publication and a new subscription with the workspace protocol the workspace does not get triggered. The json file get produce every time. I could try and hack this to look for the last json (Cause this is the only notification job running on that server), and dont care about the missing topic message.

Badge +4

Hi @richardatsafe,

So what I have debugged so far is that when I register the workspace for notification when uploading a workspace, the subscription is registered as a push protocol the workspace gets triggered when the topic triggers, but without any topic message. If I upload the workspace and only register it with the job submitter, and then manually create a new topic, new publication and a new subscription with the workspace protocol the workspace does not get triggered. The json file get produce every time. I could try and hack this to look for the last json (Cause this is the only notification job running on that server), and dont care about the missing topic message.

For the hack, I had too rename the file after read so that it didn't use the same file for all the workspaces lined up in queue.