Solved

How to extrude the buffered borders of the forced 2D Shape to the original 3D Shape

Badge

icon

Best answer by takashi 2 August 2017, 18:00

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @fernando do you have 3D polygons and would you like to extract the values borders?

Badge

Hi @danilo_inovacao, here a picture of my result,

The green polygons are my original shape, and the buffered border in lila. I cant get all of the border aligned with the original

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @danilo_inovacao, here a picture of my result,

The green polygons are my original shape, and the buffered border in lila. I cant get all of the border aligned with the original

Do you have a polygon for example and can share it?

Badge
Do you have a polygon for example and can share it?

here the shape that Im using, ground-shape.zip

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
here the shape that Im using, ground-shape.zip

Thanks @fernando. I used the transformer 3DBufferer and the output is:

Attached the Template file ( FMWT ).

Thanks,

Danilo - 3d.fmwt
Badge
Thanks @fernando. I used the transformer 3DBufferer and the output is:

Attached the Template file ( FMWT ).

Thanks,

Danilo - 3d.fmwt
Sorry, I explained myself wrong, i meant, to draped the border polygons to the original 3D shape

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @fernando, with custom transformer VertexCreator you can extract the points:

Points and geometry 3D:

And now do you want to extract like line the borders? Just connect the points extracted with transformer VertexExtrator.

Thanks,

3d-vertexextractor.fmwt

Badge

Hi @fernando, with custom transformer VertexCreator you can extract the points:

Points and geometry 3D:

And now do you want to extract like line the borders? Just connect the points extracted with transformer VertexExtrator.

Thanks,

3d-vertexextractor.fmwt

I extracted already the border, but the SurfaceDraper wont completely draped the border to the original shape. I need both of them to be separated from each other, here my workspace. Thanks! geotiff-esrishape2none-trianguliert.fmwt

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
I extracted already the border, but the SurfaceDraper wont completely draped the border to the original shape. I need both of them to be separated from each other, here my workspace. Thanks! geotiff-esrishape2none-trianguliert.fmwt

I tested so many the workspace template and maked any changes in configuration, but without success, very strange problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @fernando, this is an experimental workspace. It may not be perfect, but seems to work fine for at least your sample data. Hope this helps.

esrishape2none.fmwt (FME 2017.0)

Badge

Hi @fernando, this is an experimental workspace. It may not be perfect, but seems to work fine for at least your sample data. Hope this helps.

esrishape2none.fmwt (FME 2017.0)

Hi @takashi, thank you very much!!!! It helps a lot :)