Solved

Append to logfie option not working for workspace in workspacerunner?

Badge

I have a workspace that has a Workspacerunner transformer. I find that the 'append to logfile option' works for this workspace, but not for the workspace defined in the workspacerunner. The logfile of the workspace in the workspacerunner contains only the last run, where I hoped the logfile would contain accumulative messages from all previous runs.

Am I right about this and is there a workaround?

Thanx again for any response!

Regards,

Pim

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 27 July 2016, 19:36

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

I tested this in FME 2016.1 and it does appear to work OK. But what you have to do is to open the 'child' workspace in FME Workbench and set the Append Log File under the FME Options -> Translation parameters. Setting the Append Log File in the 'parent ' workspace that has the WorkspaceRunner transformer will only affect that workspace.

Badge

IHi Mark, I thought I did that too. Maybe I didn't or maybe I needed to save the child workspace after setting the option. Anyway its working fine now. Thank you! @MarkAtSafe

I tested this in FME 2016.1 and it does appear to work OK. But what you have to do is to open the 'child' workspace in FME Workbench and set the Append Log File under the FME Options -> Translation parameters. Setting the Append Log File in the 'parent ' workspace that has the WorkspaceRunner transformer will only affect that workspace.

I thought those options were global to FME Workbench, like the python interpreter. There is no "save" needed after setting the Append to log file check box.

Badge

Hi, I had the same problem with FME 2019.

And indeed, I had to re-open the child workspace too, uncheck and re-check the option "append to logfile" and make any modification in the workspace to enable the "save" button and save the workspace.

Then, FME appended correctly the logs in the same log file.

This process is really not intuitive...