Question

CSMap Reprojector Problem

• 28 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a workbench where I am attempting to take data in NAD83CSRS_UTMZone17N and reproject it to NAD83_UTMZone17N using the CSMap Reprojector. I have a installed a grid shift file (.gsb) supplied by a provincial agency in FME Options > Coordinate Systems > NAD83_to_CSRS. However, when I run the workbench I don't get the correct output. I know the transformation is not working as I can do the reprojection in ArcToolbox and my parcels do not shift.

I am wondering if there is something else I'm forgetting to do?

NAD83_to_CSRS

GX_NAME: NAD83_to_CSRS

EPSG_NBR: 1843

EPSG_VAR: 1

SRC_DTM: NAD83

TRG_DTM: CSRS

DESC_NM: Canadian Spatial Reference System (NAD 1983 CSRS)

SOURCE: Service New Brunswick

INVERSE: Yes

MAX_ITR: 10

CNVRG_VAL: 1e-9

ERROR_VAL: 5e-8

ACCURACY: 1.5

MIN_LNG: -82.5925

MAX_LNG: -54.2675

MIN_LAT: 42.79375

MAX_LAT: 64.75625

METHOD: GRID_INTERP

GRID_FILE: NTv2,Inv,V:\\Data\\External_Agencies\\Teranet\\CSRS_GridShiftFile\\ON83CSv1.gsb

FALLBACK:

1 reply

I have a few questions:

1. What are the source and destination coordinate systems? You reference "NAD83CSRS_UTMZone17N" and "NAD83_UTMZone17N", respectively. In FME, these are called "CSRS.UTM-17N" and "UTM83-17". Are you using these or something else?

2. It's possible to define (or redefine) the geographic transformation as you've done, but another approach is to go to Workbench -> Tools -> FME Options... -> Coordinate systems -> Maintain Grid Transformations -> NAD83_to_CSRS, add your grid there, and remove the others.

3. In your CsmapReprojector transformer, you can set a transformation. "Auto" should do the right thing, "None" will do what you see (no shift), and it's best to explicitly choose the transformation you want, presumably "NAD83_to_CSRS (Reversed)".

4. Lastly, you may wish to check your log for related warnings or messages.

If these ideas aren't enough to get it working, feel free to reply here or reach out to support, and we'll do our best to get you going.