Solved

How do I make my FME server accesible from external sources?

• 28 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello Everybody, We have two FME server installed. None of them we cannot accesible from outside server. I need to make it web accesible. Please guide me. Because I want to got the data download or to run a workspace using the generated URL from outside. Thanks

icon

Best answer by david_r 28 July 2017, 13:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

You will probably have to discuss this with your IT department as there are several security aspects involved and the specifics will depend on your infrastructure.

One solution could be to install one of your FME Server instances in the DMZ, I would also strongly recommend activating SSL. Using a reverse proxy could also be something to consider.

Badge

You will probably have to discuss this with your IT department as there are several security aspects involved and the specifics will depend on your infrastructure.

One solution could be to install one of your FME Server instances in the DMZ, I would also strongly recommend activating SSL. Using a reverse proxy could also be something to consider.

Thanks, we want to access data upload and download folder web accessible. I configured the config.txt where i have changed the upload/download directory to a web server but this is not working.

Userlevel 4

Thanks, we want to access data upload and download folder web accessible. I configured the config.txt where i have changed the upload/download directory to a web server but this is not working.

I can imagine, for the majority of cases it's going to be more complicated than that. Unfortunately I cannot say exactly what you need to do as it's completely dependent on your infrastructure and how it's configured.

You will have to ask someone in your organization with technical knowledge about your setup.
Badge +11

As David has mentioned, your best bet is to involve someone in your IT department to be involved as they will have a good understanding of what can and can't be done in your environment (which could be different then the next company). The reverse proxy is often helpful in achieving this.

Badge

If you want to show the FME Server web interface, solution proposed by @david_r is the way to go. Otherwise, if you already have a web server visible to the outside, you can add a web page who will benefit of the already defined IT security and let back end code interact with FME Server and serve the results without having to move your FME Server in the DMZ.