Solved

Trouble shoot 3d PDF output from "AddAppearancesTo3Dmodel.fmwt"

Badge

Hello,

I am attempting to modify the "" to fit our workflow. I've got it almost working, except there seems to be a scaling issue. The primary change is that we use DGN more than DWG. The buildings, ortho and terrain are shown, but the buildings seem to be scaled differently than the orthophoto. When I output a collada file, the buildings sit where they are supposed to over the ortho. I also have a geometry issue, so I had to pipe the "rejected" output to the PDF, which worked fine, except for the scaling issue. Below is a link to the test data. Thanks for any help!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nXF1B4kNjoyH_ij2HTUImWgfMguORVfB/view?usp=sharing

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 4 July 2018, 00:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jimmy,

In the TerrainAppearance transformer, please set Texture Coordinate Generation Parameters - Texture Mapping Type to 'Top Down Georeferenced'. This will align the texture image with the TIN surface based on the image georeferencing, and eliminate the need to clip the ortho to the point cloud boundary.

FME's 3D reading from DGN is not as good as our reading from DWG, so the roof surfaces are being read as triangle polygons instead of surfaces. Please add a FaceReplacer before the Aggregator to convert the polygons to surfaces.

Badge

Thanks Dave!! That was it. Very cool functionallity.