Solved

Inserting Disclaimers/Metadata into Zipped Folders

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to insert disclaimers/metadata from one folder to all zipped folders within another folder?

My setup involves Reading from an SDE connection, an InlineQuerier transformer to definition query various private data fields out of the data, an Attribute Keeper transformer to keep only the pertinent fields for public viewing before 6 different writers take the data and convert and zip to file geodatabase, kml, shapefile, AutoCAD, CSV, and GeoPackage. With each feature class/dataset being converted into 6 different formats into a single export folder. The naming convention will be standardized (Parks_KML.zip, Addresses_shp.zip, Water_FGDB.zip etc), I need to insert a text disclaimer file into each of the zipped folders.

I thought using the FileCopy Writer from this example (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/881/including-additional-files-in-the-data-download-re.html)

with a wildcard fanout of the export folder but I am unable to make that work.

Thanks!

@takashi

icon

Best answer by takashi 26 May 2018, 00:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @dmerrick, if you write the six zip archives with FeatureWriters, it would be quite easy to insert a common metadata file into them with another FeatureWriter (File Copy writer).

This is just a mock-up, but I think you can apply this technique to the actual workspace. Assuming that the value of user parameter called "METADATA_FILE" indicates the file path to the metadata.

Badge

Hi @dmerrick, if you write the six zip archives with FeatureWriters, it would be quite easy to insert a common metadata file into them with another FeatureWriter (File Copy writer).

This is just a mock-up, but I think you can apply this technique to the actual workspace. Assuming that the value of user parameter called "METADATA_FILE" indicates the file path to the metadata.

Thanks @takashi, the transformer keeps on failing with the error "Cannot have multiple factories with the same name. Multiple Factories were assigned the name '#######'"

I am not sure what I have done that is incorrect?

I am having the same issue as well with the error

'Cannot have multiple factories with the same name. Multiple factories were assigned the name filecopy_FileCopy_1988b768_ee88_46d6_a4a5_af7e9f06e5481'

If I only have 1 featurewriter going to the FileCopy FeatureWriter the transformer works. But every other time it does not. Thanks!
Badge +2
I am having the same issue as well with the error

'Cannot have multiple factories with the same name. Multiple factories were assigned the name filecopy_FileCopy_1988b768_ee88_46d6_a4a5_af7e9f06e5481'

If I only have 1 featurewriter going to the FileCopy FeatureWriter the transformer works. But every other time it does not. Thanks!
Hi @fmedon, can you tell us what version of FME are you using?

Badge +2

The issue you reported is very similar to a bug we recently fixed. If you are using fme 2018.0 a build before b18295 (or linux build 18447), can you install the latest FME release and see if the problem goes away? Thank you!

Hi! Thank you for the reply I will try the latest version... Thanks!