Question

NumericRasterizer error

• 21 June 2013
  • 6 replies

Good day,

I am trying to convert a geodatabase full of polygon layers to rasters using NumericRasterizer but it is giving me the following error:

NumericRasterizer(VectorToRasterFactory): 2 input feature(s) were discarded because they were not compatible with any band in the raster.  Bands with a color interpretation require vector input features with an 'fme_color' attribute.  Bands with a numeric interpretation require vector input features that have Z coordinates

NumericRasterizer(VectorToRasterFactory): No valid input features.  2 input feature(s) processed.  0 input feature(s) with invalid geometry discarded.  2 input feature(s) not compatible with the raster interpretation discarded

Not sure what to do at this point, hoping someone can help.

Thanks!

Johnson  

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hi Johnson,

"Bands with a numeric interpretation require vector input features that have Z coordinates"

The FME documentation about the NumericRasterizer also says "Features without Z coordinates will be discarded".

Do the input geometries have Z values?

Takashi

Hi Takashi,

I am not sure if what is meant by Z value is the field that I want to translate into pixel value.  Basically there are a bunch of attribute fields in these polygon layers but I just want one specific field to be represented as the pixel value in the output.

Johnson
Userlevel 3
Badge +17
The NumericRasterizer generates pixel values based on Z coordinate values of the input geometries, this means the input features have to be 3D. If the original features are 2D and they have Z-value as attribute, consider using the 3DForcer to make them 3D.

Takashi
Thanks it worked.  I have another question however.  I tried to just convert add a reader listing one polygon layer and convert into raster.  It ran through (into a raster geodatabase).  I then added another polygon layer to the reader to try to convert both into separate raster layers in the writer but no luck, the output only gave me a raster of the first polygon layer.  Is there a transformer that allows for mutiple conversions into separate rasters?

Thanks,

Johnson
Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hi Johnson,

I'm not sure the exact situation. As just a guess, it might be concerned with the "Group By" parameter of the NumericRasterizer.

Transformer Description:

Note: Only the Group By attributes are preserved by this transformer. The output feature will also be supplied with an fme_basename attribute equal to the transformer name.

Takashi
Hello, I have the same cuestion.  Are there any way to get the output files with the same name that files input? Thank you very much at all!

clb