Solved

Is it possible to auto-login to FME Server Web UI?

• 12 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

We have finally succeeded to configure Single Sign On properly on our FME Server. I assumed that opening the URL would lead me directly to my Home-screen (https://<my-fme-hostname>/fmeserver/#/home, but this was not the case, unfortunately.

When opening the FME-Server URL, I get a proper Login Screen, where I explicitly need to press the button "Use Windows Credentials". Doing so, logs me in succesfully, so my assumption is that we have configured Single Sign On / HTTPS well...

Now, my question: Is it possible to bypass this login screen and automatically log a user in when SSO is working fine? I have read the post from @jvt2, it looks like he is asking the same question, but the answer of @erik_jan doesn't give me the right answer, or Did I miss something?

Regards,

Frank van Doorne

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 13 November 2018, 23:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I've asked our developers if this is possible and will let you know their response.

However... I've been doing a bit of research and I see that most web browsers let you add a web site as "trusted" and by doing so can log you in automatically. This web page in particular gives useful information how to set this up, with links at the foot of the page for different browsers.

I have to say I've no idea if this will work. It might be just what you need. Or it might be the method we already use and so you would still need to click that option. Or it might open a hole in the space-time continuum and infect your server with beasts from an alternative dimension. I really don't know, but until I hear from our developers, it's the best I've got.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I've asked our developers if this is possible and will let you know their response.

However... I've been doing a bit of research and I see that most web browsers let you add a web site as "trusted" and by doing so can log you in automatically. This web page in particular gives useful information how to set this up, with links at the foot of the page for different browsers.

I have to say I've no idea if this will work. It might be just what you need. Or it might be the method we already use and so you would still need to click that option. Or it might open a hole in the space-time continuum and infect your server with beasts from an alternative dimension. I really don't know, but until I hear from our developers, it's the best I've got.

Looks like this is the most likely method of success. Let us know if you get it working (or not).

Badge +5
I'd like the same behavior of Frank. In fme server 2016 all worked as expected. No login form for authenticated and authorized users by AD and kerberos.

In fme server 2018, when I configure AD and SSO is always shown the login form with "Use Windows Credential" button or user and password form instead of the fme server start page. How to do that? What we have to change in the fmeserver properties file?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Giosia