Question

Parallel Workspaces in FME SERVER 2017

• 5 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there,

We updated our FME Server to 2017 version a couple of months ago.

I used to have a Master Workspace that control other process. In that Workspace, I set to run 6 others. I start runing 5 in parallel at the same time (5 different workspaces) and after it I put a FMEServerJobwaiter. So when all the 5 processes finish it start the 6, the last where I use the data created in the other 5.

Now in 2017, it does not work anymore, the FMEServer only process one of the first 5, then when it get done it start another one (If I put parallel and set YES to wait) or put all of them to run at the same time if I put NO wait, but it also start the number 6 and it depends of the data of the first 5, so because of this I put a FMEServerjobwaitter before the 6 jobsubmitter because I just want that it start after the end of the other 5, but I want that the first 5 starts and run at the same time.

Is it possible to achieve this?

3 replies

Badge

How many engines does your server have? Did your server configuration change?

Badge

How many engines does your server have? Did your server configuration change?

11 engines. No server configuration change. It´s strange, but If I ran an older workflow with same configuration, everything goes fine. I think that is a problem with the new fmejobsubmitter

Badge +2

Hi @rodrigogeouff

I believe there were changes made to the FME Server Job Submitter (FSJS) in 2017.

It would probably be worth checking what version of the FSJS you're using, and try upgrading it. Our troubleshooting guide here shows the difference in behaviour between versions.

I'll also include a link here to the 2017.0 FME Server Job Submitter documentation which help clear up the behaviour you're seeing.