Question

The resource name must not contain any of the following characters: \\ / : * ? " < > | & = ' + % #

• 17 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi,

Getting an error while publishing the workbench.

Publish failed - FME Server encountered an error and reported the following message. The resource name must not contain any of the following characters: \ / : * ? " < > | & = ' + % #

Regards,

Dheeraj

9 replies

Userlevel 5

Is it possible that you are trying to publish an object that contains either of those characters? For example the workspace, database/web connection, or other?

Badge

Is it possible that you are trying to publish an object that contains either of those characters? For example the workspace, database/web connection, or other?

Hi David,

i don't have any Database/Web connection...I am trying to publish workbench containing Reader and writer only which does not contain any of these characters, Yes it include Dash(-) and Underscore(_), which i guess should not have any impact.

Badge

Same workbench i am able to publish once, Now i am getting error. I am unable to republish the same published workbench with any other name.
Badge +11

Hi @dheeraj - I'm sorry to hear about this! What about the name of the repository where the workspace is being published?

It's very strange that you could publish once, and now are receiving an error.. Can you attach the workspace here?

What if you create a new workspace, e.g. Creator > Logger, and try publishing to the Samples or Dashboard repository – then republishing. Any issues?

Edit: Can you please post the version and architecture of both FME Desktop and FME Server? (For example, 2017.1 Build 17652 Win64)

Badge +11

What version of FME and FME Server is being used? Are you using the same version for both?

Badge +11
Same workbench i am able to publish once, Now i am getting error. I am unable to republish the same published workbench with any other name.
@dheeraj From the time you had the workspace published to the now, has anything change (versions of FME involved?)?

Can you publish workspace to a new name on FME Server?

This is very strange!

Badge

What version of FME and FME Server is being used? Are you using the same version for both?

Not actually the same version,

FME Desktop - 2017.1- Build 17539

FME Server - 2017.0.1.1 - Build 17291 - win64
Badge +11
Not actually the same version,

FME Desktop - 2017.1- Build 17539

FME Server - 2017.0.1.1 - Build 17291 - win64
@dheeraj - This could be the source of the error. While we do strive to maintain backwards compatibility (i.e. publishing from Desktop 2017.0 to Server 2017.1), I've seen some strange occurrences when publishing from a newer version of FME to an older one.

Please try installing and authoring your workspace in FME Desktop 2017.0.1.1 and then publishing to FME Server. (Note that you do not need to uninstall the existing version of FME Desktop – alternatively, you can upgrade FME Server).

Link to Previous Version Downloads

Badge +1

Hi dheeraj, when you publish, are there any services you're registering the workspace against?

I repeatedly got the same publication error, but sometimes if I get it and hit Publish again, it will work on its own. When it still doesn't publish, I check the service properties. In my case, I use the Job Submitter service and by default, first property gets filled (see screenshot). When I assign it to nothing, I can publish without the error.

Both my desktop and server FME are 2016.1.3.2 - Build 6717 - win64.