Question

Getting error "An error occurred while trying to obtain an FME session"

• 20 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge

Upgraded to 2018.1. Server has 7 engines and 64 GB or RAM. Some jobs will get error "An error occurred while trying to obtain an FME session" but the second time it runs will run OK. Will open a ticket with Safe later today but if anyone has experienced this issue let me know the fix.

9 replies

Badge
Log Snippit

Using Multi Reader with keyword `MULTI_READER' to read multiple datasetsCreating reader for format: Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `GEODATABASE_SDE'FME Configuration: Source coordinate system for reader GEODATABASE_SDE_2[GEODATABASE_SDE] set to `SPHERICAL_MERCATOR'Coordinate System `SPHERICAL_MERCATOR' parameters: CS_NAME=`SPHERICAL_MERCATOR' DESC_NM=`Spherical Mercator' DT_NAME=`WGS84_SPHERICAL' GROUP=`WORLD' MAP_SCL=`1' MAX_LAT=`85' MAX_LNG=`180' MIN_LAT=`-85' MIN_LNG=`-180' PROJ=`MRCAT' QUAD=`1' SCL_RED=`1' SOURCE=`Safe Software' UNIT=`METER'FME API version of module 'GEODATABASE_SDE' matches current internal version (3.8 20180604)Opening the Geodatabase readerAn error occurred while trying to obtain an FME sessionAn error occurred while trying to obtain an FME sessionA fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for detailsTranslation FAILED with 3 error(s) and 0 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)FME Session Duration: 1.0 seconds. (CPU: 0.0s user, 0.0s system)END - ProcessID: 8060, peak process memory usage: 1907096 kB, current process memory usage: 1848552 kB

Badge +11

We are currently investigating this problem the customer has reported.

Has there been any resolution on this issue?

I'm getting the same error with a parent job that has several FME Server Job Submitters. The first 4 child jobs will run successfully and then on the 5th child job will error out with the message: "An error occurred while trying to obtain an FME session".

FME Server 2018.1.0.3 - Build 18552 - win64

Same issue when running on Desktop FME2018 - Build 18552 - WIN32).

Thanks.

Mike.

Badge +5

I have the same issue in a scheduled task that call jobsubmitters. If I execute the worskpace in a separate job all works ok... :-(

Badge

Any updates on this issue? I get this randomly every night on our server.

Creating reader for format: Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `GEODATABASE_SDE'FME API version of module 'GEODATABASE_SDE' matches current internal version (3.8 20180604)Opening the Geodatabase readerAn error occurred while trying to obtain an FME sessionAn error occurred while trying to obtain an FME sessionA fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
Badge +2

Any updates on this issue? I get this randomly every night on our server.

Creating reader for format: Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `GEODATABASE_SDE'FME API version of module 'GEODATABASE_SDE' matches current internal version (3.8 20180604)Opening the Geodatabase readerAn error occurred while trying to obtain an FME sessionAn error occurred while trying to obtain an FME sessionA fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Hi @paulm,

Sorry that you are running into this issue, please could you report a problem here and include the following information:

• What does the workspace that fails contain?
  • How is the workspace being triggered - is this a problem if you run it on it's own?
  • Please can you share the full failed workspace log, as well as the fmeserver and fmeprocessmonitorengine logs.

Thanks, Holly

Badge +2

Hi @paulm, @mpsughruss, @giosp, @ea,

I am pleased to say the issue associated with this error has now been resolved and the fix is available in our latest release 2018.1.1.1 b18586 which can be downloaded from safe.com/downloads.

Please reach out to Safe Support if you have any issues with this.

Badge

Hi @paulm, @mpsughruss, @giosp, @ea,

I am pleased to say the issue associated with this error has now been resolved and the fix is available in our latest release 2018.1.1.1 b18586 which can be downloaded from safe.com/downloads.

Please reach out to Safe Support if you have any issues with this.

Thanks for the update. I moved the schedules of a number of jobs and it appeared to fix most of my issues, but I would get one or two failures every few days. I'll download the new version.

I have the same issue in a scheduled task that call jobsubmitters. If I execute the worskpace in a separate job all works ok... :-(

Hi,

Yes this issue in earlier release of 2018.1 onwards. I could replicate the issue, and seems to be OK in 2018.1.2.

I think the issue is when your ESRI reader are older format, and you have not upgraded the reader to 2018.1.