Question

line joiner

Badge

Hi, I have a dgn with point,line,area,text. I want split the lines using area.that was performed using lineonareaoverlay. in some areas like junction have two lines. how can i join those lines in those areas and i can calculate the length of each line inside the area.Actually i can performed lengthcalculator for measure the length of each line. my problem is in some junction areas have two lines how can i join those areas only and calculate the length

2 replies

Badge +2

@kathir I think the LineCombiner is what you're looking for. The LineOnAreaOverlayer will let you attach attributes from the areas to the clipped lines (i.e. area name or area ID) You can then use this in the LineCombiner to ensure only similar lines are re-combined.

Badge

@kathir I think the LineCombiner is what you're looking for. The LineOnAreaOverlayer will let you attach attributes from the areas to the clipped lines (i.e. area name or area ID) You can then use this in the LineCombiner to ensure only similar lines are re-combined.

hi,

Actually i could use the line combiner.but the output was different.The output shows all the lines are combined . But i need combined lines based on area wise .