Question

How to create point on each parcel’s corner!

• 20 December 2013
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m new to FME. It would be great if I can get some help on my problem.

I have a parcel Featureclass which I’m trying to create point on each parcel’s corner. I have tried:  

1. Feature Vertices To Points (From ArcToolbox ESRI) which is not a big help! As it says, it converts all the vertices to point but I don’t need all the vertices!

2.  I converted the polygons to lines and then I used Intersector Transformer in FME. It creates points on most of the corners but the ones that will not intersect they will not have point created.

Is there any way that I can solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

The Chopper with max vertices set to 1 will return the vertices of the feature.

Hope this helps,

Itay

Itay thanks for your response, but I already have all the vertices converted to point using Feature Vertices To Points! What I need is to make points only for the polygon’s corners.

Userlevel 5
Hi,

I guess that would depend on your polygons,but one simple way could be to use a BoundingBoxReplacer and a Chopper to get the four points of the box.

Chop your polygons too and send them into a NeighborFinder to find the four polygon vertices closes to the box corners. 

David
Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hi,

I'm not sure what is the definition of "polygon's corners". For example, if the shape of your parcel was like the yellow polygon in this image, where are its corners?

The outer gray rectangle indicates bounding box of the polygon.

Takashi
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Takashi,

I agree with you this is a very vague description of something that only the person who posted has an idea of what is excatly means.

Itay
Thank you very much for you response guys and sorry for my unclear explanation.  Please take a look at these images. 

Badge +5
I agree with Takashi, without a clear definition of a corner, this question really can't be answered. Is it all points connecting two lines with the angle between them larger than some X degrees? Or all opints connecting two lines, angling in the same direction? I.E. Outer corners instead of inner corners.

Most definitions I can think of can be calculated fairly easily, but right now it's a bit unclear.