Question

Preserving xattributes when writing DGN

• 14 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi!

As the topic tells, I'm wondering if it's possible to write dgn file with xattributes?

I have dgn file with building information in it as xattributes. Im trying to write it through fme back to dgn file with all the same features.

Just to see if its possible. And there is some projects where it might make my working bit faster.

Regards,

Aki

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi @a7, not sure its possible, I would try to generate a workspace and see if FME can recreate the xattributes (are those XFM reference elements you are referring to? or tags?)

Badge

Hi @a7, not sure its possible, I would try to generate a workspace and see if FME can recreate the xattributes (are those XFM reference elements you are referring to? or tags?)

Thank you @itay, for your intrest!

It's XFM reference elements.

I've tried some simple ways for it without any good results. Been looking all day through internet different uses for xattributes, but found suprisingly little.

Badge +16
Thank you @itay, for your intrest!

It's XFM reference elements.

I've tried some simple ways for it without any good results. Been looking all day through internet different uses for xattributes, but found suprisingly little.

The only mention I can find about it is in the writer parameters where you can select to writer XFM reference elements from a seed file.

This naturally implies that you will need to use a seed file in your transformation.