Solved

ArcGIS Pro Data Interop is licensed but Workbench button is grayed out

• 29 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
  • Contributor
  • 25 replies

Have ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4 installed on an AWS box with the "Data Interoperability" license but on the Analysis ribbon, the Workbench icon is grayed out and says "This command is currently disabled. Authorize and enable the Data Interoperability Extension to access this functionality."

Been on the phone with Esri and they want me to switch from a Named User to a concurrent license but that is not an option right now for me. They are thinking the remote desktop is blocking the license somehow and to try using Process Monitor to find the issue...not much fun!

Anyone else have this issue? I know this is more an Esri issue but not making much progress on that end.

Side note - I have ArcGIS Pro installed locally as well and do NOT have this issue. Trying the leverage the super duper Graphics Bundle we have on the AWS box for processing.

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 29 November 2018, 20:13

View original

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi @jon, It seems odd to have this kind of issue.

I know it would sound absurd , Can you confirm if you installed ArcGISProDataInterop?

This installer is different from ArcGISPro installer

To confirm this Can you ensure in your Unistall Change Program

or else Can you confirm 'C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Data Interoperability for ArcGIS Pro' exists?

Badge +5

Hi @jon, It seems odd to have this kind of issue.

I know it would sound absurd , Can you confirm if you installed ArcGISProDataInterop?

This installer is different from ArcGISPro installer

To confirm this Can you ensure in your Unistall Change Program

or else Can you confirm 'C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Data Interoperability for ArcGIS Pro' exists?

@rahulsharma - that was it! IT setup this box and I assumed they had installed but apparently they hadn't. Just found the installer, downloaded, installed and now it's available. Maybe Esri should update their warning message to tell the user it's not installed instead of it not being licensed! Thanks again for your help