Question

Sending emails fme server cannot determine local email address

• 16 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have just installed a new FME server on a new VM. I am able to send out emails using telnet on the VM using SMTP. However when I try from the FME server software I am getting errors in the log file about the local email address -

Mon-16-Sep-2019 12:45:47.877 PM ERROR pool-2-thread-5 801027 : An exception occurred. can't determine local email address

Mon-16-Sep-2019 12:45:47.877 PM ERROR pool-2-thread-5 801009 : Failed to send email.

javax.mail.MessagingException: can't determine local email address

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1154)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:735)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:191)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:120)

at COM.safe.fmeserver.notification.plugin.FMESubscriberEmailNotifier.get(FMESubscriberEmailNotifier.java:39)

at COM.safe.fmeserver.notification.plugin.FMESubscriberEmailNotifier.get(FMESubscriberEmailNotifier.java:17)

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1590)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have set up the FME server email configuration to use a valid from email address. So am confused as to what the issue could be. Cab anyone help?

Many thanks,

2 replies

It seems to be sorted now. I think I notification subscription I had added was configured incorrectly.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

It seems to be sorted now. I think I notification subscription I had added was configured incorrectly.

Glad to hear it's working for you now!