Solved

FME Server - Data Delivery

Badge

Hi,

I have setup a really nice example of the data delivery on FME server using this example code - https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1117/data-distribution-with-web-maps.html. Ihave also made the guest account token the init for the FME javascript.

I have setup a simple form to authenticate in the example the user using the token service however struggling to replace the init token with the users token when the FMEServer.runDataDownload method runs.

Any attempt to overwrite the variable token resorts to running the job under the guest account.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by takashi 13 June 2018, 23:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @fme_it, if you are looking for a way to generate a new token from username and password which are entered via the form on a web page, the description and example in this page might help you.

Authentication and Authorization | FME Server Playground

Badge

Hi @fme_it, if you are looking for a way to generate a new token from username and password which are entered via the form on a web page, the description and example in this page might help you.

Hi @takashi I have successfully done that and replaced the 'token' var in code with the new token but somehow it looks like the FMEServer.runDataDownload only remembers the init token for the JS and not the authenticated user.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

You have to generate a new token at very first then call the FMEServer.init method using the new token.