Question

[FME Server] custom WebApplication fails while uploading data

• 25 January 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi FME-Users and -Experts!

I am creating a custom WebApplication for my co-workers to use some workbenches on their own with FME Server instead of asking me all the time.

So far it works quite well. The site can load the parameters of a workbench automatically. I can even submit a job and retrieve the results as a download-link. But: Every now and then the upload-function stucks. On the server I can see that the specific folder is created (System/temp/upload/<repository-name>/<workspace-name>/<session>), but the content is empty. After some minutes the session-folder is deleted. Furthermore the parameters are not completey loaded. The default values are missing.

When using the plain example from FME Server Playground (Upload File In Session) and just replace the server, token, repository and workspace it works.

suspect my modified JavaScript has a bug, but I can not find it, nor do I know what to look for.

Any suggestions?!

FME Server 2016.1.0.1 - Build 16494 - win64

WebApplication with Bootstrap and JS

1 reply

Badge

Hi @gpt_executer,

the missing default values is a known issue of the FME Server Java Script API. I will add an issue to our GitHub repo and will look into it. I believe currently the default values are only kept for very few parameters. I let you know once we update the API.

The problem with the Upload could be related to this question:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/57605/javascript-rest-example-keeps-sessionid.html

You need to make sure that you create a new session right after you submit the job to make sure every job has his own upload data folder even if it's the same workspace that is submitted.

Please let me know if this works for you and feel free to ping me if you have more questions.

Kind regards,

Gerhard