Solved

AttributeSplitter, Exposed Elements

• 19 October 2015
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have a List created with the AttributeSplitter. When I right click on the list and choose 'Expose

Element' I can expose a however many number of list items as I want. 

I've been connecting some of these items to attributes of

my destination datasource, and my conversion works. The items

contained in the list are written out to the proper attribute.  But

if I save my workspace, close it, then open it up again, all my

connected 'exposed elements' are gone, and I need to do it all over

again?

Can anyone let me know if there's a setting I can activate to hold onto all connected exposed elements?

Thanks everyone,

Regards Alex
icon

Best answer by takashi 19 October 2015, 16:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Alex,

It's a known issue in FME 2015.

As a workaround, in the interim, you can insert an AttributeRenamer or AttributeCopier with the following quick operation, so that the mapping between list elements and writer attributes will be preserved.

Right-click on the link  (connection line) between the transformer and the writer feature type, and select the "Replace with > AttributeRenamer (or AttributeCopier)" command.

That's it :)

Takashi
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Which version of FME are you using? The issue may not occur in the latest version (2015.1.2.1 build 15539).
Hi Takashi

We installed the new version (2015.1.2.1 build 15539) and it works with the exposed elements. 

Thank you for your support.

Alex

I am having the same issue as Alex in FME Desktop 2018.1. My workbench contains about a dozen NeighborFinder transformers, but no matter what I do, only a handful of them actually save the attributes that I expose after I save and reopen the workbench. Is it possible that the same bug exists in 2018.1?

Badge +2

I am having the same issue as Alex in FME Desktop 2018.1. My workbench contains about a dozen NeighborFinder transformers, but no matter what I do, only a handful of them actually save the attributes that I expose after I save and reopen the workbench. Is it possible that the same bug exists in 2018.1?

Hi @cheriesouthwick. The behavior you described does sound strange. We might need to see your workspace and understand exactly what to do to reproduce the weird behaviour. Would you be able to post a separate new question, and attach your workspace and some details on steps to follow and where in the workspace we'd see the suspicious behavior? That would be very helpful! Thank you!

@xiaomengatsafe Unfortunately I can't upload my workbench because it is too difficult to strip it of company confidential information, however I have posted a separate question here: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/91381/exposed-elements-in-neighborfinder-are-forgottenar.html