Solved

APPCRASH after deleting temp files

Hi all,

I just deleted the foldersin my C:\\users\\...\\appdata\\local\\temp directory as a workbench that used to run fine was running into memory issues and I was clearing up space on the drive. However, on starting the workbench again (and also others) I get below error message. Starting an empty workbench works alright.

I attempted to restore the deleted folders (named '2' and '4') but apparently they have been permanently deleted off the box.

Any ideas?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH

Application Name:fmeworkbench.exe

Application Version:2014.7.12.14433

Application Timestamp:54480bb3

Fault Module Name:MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:4df2be1e

Exception Code:40000015

Exception Offset:0008d6fd

OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID:5129

Additional Information 1:0ddd

Additional Information 2:0ddd9e71307c79c270d13579c2efd473

Additional Information 3:d259

Additional Information 4:d2593a22a6c6a3fa2238503d2dd2baf6

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clc...;

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\\Windows\\system32\\en-US\\erofflps.txt

icon

Best answer by nzmoose 12 June 2016, 23:10

View original

2 replies

Badge +5

That's an interesting issue. I see a previous report that FME might hang if the temp folder is deleted while it is open, but I don't see any reports of a crash.

Without knowing the exact reason, personally I'd try 1) repair the FME installation (through the control panel programs pane) 2) use a tool like CCleaner to check the registry (and incidentally, that's a great tool for cleaning up unwanted temp files) 3) Reinstall FME

But if you have workspaces that aren't opening properly, and you want to be thorough about not losing any content, I suggest you contact our support team for help (safe.com/support) - they have direct access to the development team in a way that I don't (I work remotely).

In fact we'd probably want to know about this anyway, so we can prevent it happening in the future, if possible.

Or you could transfer your workspaces to a different machine and try opening them there to make sure that they are still OK.

Coming back after the weekend and trying to open the workbench - it works again. The only thing happening over the weekend was that the box was restarted, which I have tried before too. On running, the temp folder gets created again and everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks for the tips though @mark2catsafe.

Now back to the memory issue..