Question

Convert RVZ to b3dm

• 12 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I meet with the problem.After I convert the revit rvt to rvz format,and then using FME to convert rvz to cesium b3dm format.The result can be view in cesium but the components are not separated but joined together.When I selected one of components of the model,the more components be selected.Therefore I want to know how to resolve this problem.Thanks a lot!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @9lovingly

Check out this discussion here: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/47430/transform-gdb-model-to-cesium-3d-tiles.html - it looks like you're not alone on this one. Check out the responses from @hpet and @NatalieAtSafe to see if they can help you.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @9lovingly

Check out this discussion here: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/47430/transform-gdb-model-to-cesium-3d-tiles.html - it looks like you're not alone on this one. Check out the responses from @hpet and @NatalieAtSafe to see if they can help you.
Hi @9lovingly - did anything from the link help you out on this matter? If that isn't a solution for you please let us know and we can take a close look. We'd love to see you getting the result you want to see

Badge

@9lovingly hello.

I have not meet this problem, but I hope you can settle it soon. I meet a problem when I convert the revit rvt to rvz format. Hope to get your help! thanks a lot.

Did you lose some models when converted revit model into rvz format? My rvz losed some models. I haven't solved this problem until now. If you meet the problem, can you tell me how you solved it? thanks a lot.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@9lovingly hello.

I have not meet this problem, but I hope you can settle it soon. I meet a problem when I convert the revit rvt to rvz format. Hope to get your help! thanks a lot.

Did you lose some models when converted revit model into rvz format? My rvz losed some models. I haven't solved this problem until now. If you meet the problem, can you tell me how you solved it? thanks a lot.

Hi @zhengsy

Can I suggest you export your rvt model as an IFC model. The Revit exporter for FME leverages the IFC export provided by Revit itself. Compare your exported IFC to the exported RVZ model. If both the IFC and RVZ are missing the same models then the problem is with Revits IFC exporter. Please let us know if you find that the IFC has data the RVZ does not.