Question

Creating parameter from feature attribute value. How

• 21 April 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi

I have a polygon shp file with attribute called DATE and value of 1/1/200. This polygon is read in a controller workbench. I also have a worker workbench which I call with FME server job submitter in the controller.

What I want to do is pass this date value to the worker workbench, so I can use it in it.

How can I do this? Can I create a parameter holding the value and pass this on?

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

In the worker workbench you create a published attribute called e.g. MY_DATE, which you pass over from the controller in the FMEServerJobSubmitter.

Inside the worker workbench you can reference this value either using the ParameterFetcher or using the $(MY_DATE) syntax.

David

Badge

Sorry

do you mean I create a published parameter in my controller that I pass to the worker?

If so how do I do that?

I am new to FME.

Userlevel 4

Hi

You create the new published parameter in your worker and then publish it to the server.

Then, when you open the controller and the FMEServerJobSubmitter, the new parameter should appear. You then link this parameter to one of the feature attributes in your controller workspace.

David

Badge

I see now. What format must the published parameter be if I am working with a date?

Userlevel 4

The easiest by far is to just define it as Text.

You can then use the DateFormatter transformer if you need to reformat it to something different before the writer.