Question

StatisticsCalculator Suddenly Not Yielding The Same Results

I have an older FME Workspace (this it was originally done in a 2018 version) and I opened it using 2019.1, pointed the readers to a new spreadsheet and the statistics calculator is yielding different results than before. I'm trying to get a continuous count based on an attribute. Examples of the results from 2018 that I'm trying to get with 2019 are below. Based on the change log for that transformer, I'm interpreting that what I'm trying to achieve is not supported by this transformer anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

2018 ResultsAttributeCountA1B1B2B3C1C2C3C4D1

2019 ResultsAttributeCountA1B3B3B3C4C4C4C4D1

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @cdevault. I'm sorry that your experiencing different results after using 2019. We take backwards compatibility seriously here.

Would you mind sharing your workspace template (.fmwt, File > Save as Template) which packages up your workspace and your source data together? If you would rather not share it here on the Forum, I can create a Support Case for you and you can submit it to us directly. It will help us reproduce the issue you're experiencing.

Hi @cdevault. I'm sorry that your experiencing different results after using 2019. We take backwards compatibility seriously here.

Would you mind sharing your workspace template (.fmwt, File > Save as Template) which packages up your workspace and your source data together? If you would rather not share it here on the Forum, I can create a Support Case for you and you can submit it to us directly. It will help us reproduce the issue you're experiencing.

Could we open a Support Case please? I'll get the template created right now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21
Are you sure you haven't just connected the complete port up instead of the cumulative port?
Are you sure you haven't just connected the complete port up instead of the cumulative port?

I'm sure...

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Could we open a Support Case please? I'll get the template created right now.

Hi @cdevault: I opened up a case for you... hoping you received an email. Please respond to the email with your workspace template. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Possibly the 2018 Result is from the Cumulative port and the 2019 Result is from the Complete port. Please check again if the output ports in 2018 and 2019 are identical.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Looks like this is already fixed in FME2020 (for your reference it's filed as FMEENGINE-61693). I've asked if we can backport to a 2019.2.x release so that you get a quicker fix.

Looks like this is already fixed in FME2020 (for your reference it's filed as FMEENGINE-61693). I've asked if we can backport to a 2019.2.x release so that you get a quicker fix.

This is correct, I've been able to work around the issue by adding a blank PythonCaller before the StatisticsCalculator as suggested by support. Thanks!

I'm experiencing the same issue. Is there a workaround while we wait for the fix? The problem is compounded by the fact that we have upgraded FME server to 2019 and so many our our workspaces are failing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I'm experiencing the same issue. Is there a workaround while we wait for the fix? The problem is compounded by the fact that we have upgraded FME server to 2019 and so many our our workspaces are failing.

Yes, just add a PythonCaller transformer before the StatisticsCalculator. You don't need to enter any code, just put the transformer there. It sounds odd, but it will work around the problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I'm told this is now available in 2019.2.1:

FME 2019.2.1 (b19813) released today (all products/platforms by EOD), containing the following public changes...

• StatisticsCalculator: Fix results on feature tables when CUMULATIVE port is connected.

Thanks for updating the answer!