Question

letting Informatica know that the FME Server job is completed

• 24 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hi,

We are implementing Informatica in our gas/electric utility. We will use this information to test calling the FME Server job from Informatica: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/636/integrating-fme-server-and-informatica-powercenter.html

What is the best way to let the Informatica job know that the FME Server job is finished?

Also does anyone know of other organisations that use an Informatica/FME Server integration?

Thanks,

Annette

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I don't have any experience with Informatica, but I'd take a good look at the different types of subscribers supported by FME Server to see if Informatica can work with any of those. When running the jobs on FME Server, you can tell FME Server to trigger one of these when the workspace either fails or completes.

Badge +8

I don't have any experience with Informatica, but I'd take a good look at the different types of subscribers supported by FME Server to see if Informatica can work with any of those. When running the jobs on FME Server, you can tell FME Server to trigger one of these when the workspace either fails or completes.

Thanks David. We will take a look at these this week.

Badge +2
Thanks David. We will take a look at these this week.

Annette, Wondering if the Subscribers worked for you with PowerCenter? Or if you found another solution. Thanks.

Sarah