Question

Transposing data into new table format

• 22 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I would like to tranpose my data into a new table format. I found a similar post here https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/88862/transposing-data-into-a-new-table.html

But I am not able to get the result I want. The main difference is that I have much more columns and rows than in the post I mentioned above.

The dataset I have:

DBKAlCl...10.151.1...20.201.2...30.251.3...............

With the 3 dots I want to indicate that it is a large amount of data. So much more columns and much more rows as well.

I would like to get the following format:

DBKParameterValue1Al0.151Cl1.11......2Al0.202Cl1.22......3Al0.253Cl1.33...............

So the three dots indicate that there are much more parameters for each DBK and there are also more DBK's.

In the post I mentioned above they use an AttributeExposer at the end. But I don't know how to use the AttributeExposer in my case because I cannot mannualy enter all the different values due to the large amount of data.

Does anyone have a solution for me ?

Thanks in advance,

Eva

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

You should be able to use an AttributeExploder for this, you will need to tidy up and remove some features and attributes afterwards

Badge

Thank you for your quick reply @ebygomm. The AttributeExploder indeed does the job :-)

Badge +2

Just for completeness adding the links to relevant resources as this question seems to come up quite a lot:

Manipulation of Tabular Data

Transpose a Table Using FME

Transposing Data for Business Intelligence