Question

geometry coercer

Badge +6

I have country border lines as a polygon and want to convert them in polylines....but the result should be that tere is only one line on a common border.....so no double lines...

Thanks and Greetz

Franco

10 replies

Badge +3
Coerce the polygons to lines.

Use topologybuilder, input the lines.

Output lines is result u wish.
Badge +6
i tried that....he splits the polygons in polylines...thats ok...but i have two lines on a acommon border...can i remove that when they are same in geometry?
Badge +3
You can use the matcher. Match 2D and set lenient matching to yes.

Output sinlgematched and not matched.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
The TopologyBuilder generates a single line for a shared boundary of adjacent areas if the boundary lines exactly match. I guess there are slight gaps between them.

If so, the Matcher doesn't work as expected unfortunately.

Firstly check if there are such gaps.
Badge +3
Hi Takshi,

You would expect that, but it is not true.

If i use topology builder on community dataset (community borders), wich is  topoligy correct, no gaps no overlaps, it does create 2x the edges where they match.

Franco is right, so a matcher is required. Also it must be set to lenient matching else it will not match (wich i find strange).

Maybe the transformer is flawed?
Badge +6
Hi all,

the interesting thing that the result is that sometimes there is only one line, sometimes there are two lines....hmmm...
Badge +3
correction.

When u enter the areas in the topologybuilder this is true, u get 1 line at borders. (wich is where Takashi is right..)

When u coerce them first to polylines and enter the polylines in the topology builder, you get double lines at borders..

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Really?

I always can get single lines for common boundaries, if those are exactly match.

Strange.
Badge +6
Right....without coercer it works...;-))
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Ah, the doubt has been cleared ;)