Solved

Creating a Database Connection on FME Server

It is possible to create a Database Connection on fme server via REST? Or how to set (not via fme desktop or via FME web UI)?

icon

Best answer by mark2catsafe 16 May 2016, 17:49

View original

3 replies

Badge +5

Sadly I think the only way is with the Web UI or FME Desktop. Publishing a workspace with the API won't create a database connection, and there is no API call to do that specifically.

However, sources in the Server team tell me that the REST API will have this ability in FME2017

Badge

Sadly I think the only way is with the Web UI or FME Desktop. Publishing a workspace with the API won't create a database connection, and there is no API call to do that specifically.

However, sources in the Server team tell me that the REST API will have this ability in FME2017

Has this ability been added to the REST API in 2017? I am running 2017 and not seeing it.

Badge +3

simonstefan, please have a look it this idea. It is possible to list the existing named connections with the url "http://localhost/fmerest/v3/namedconnections/connections", and according to jpvo it is possible to publish named connections as well.