Solved

Turn off new 2018 moving bookmark canvas ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi,

I'm just getting into adopting 2018 for my daily work.

One thing immidiatedly annoys me in 2018, a feature that's been changed since 2017:

Whenever I try to select a number of transformers inside a bookmark, using a selector rectangle, the bookmark moves !!!

How do I turn this "feature" off ?

I cannot really see why this (default) behaviour has been changed. The need to select transformers in a large bookmark outweighs the need to move a bookmark by clciking in the canvas, imho. Selection inside a bookmark has almost been made annoyingly cumbersome, Ctrl-Clicks and starting the rectangle selection outside the bookmark seems to be the only options now.

Does it have something to do with the new collapsable bookmarks ?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by xiaomengatsafe 4 July 2018, 20:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Well, I just found the "Draw bookmarks with filled background" option and turned it off.

Apparently this also turns off the unwanted "move-by-canvas" behaviour.

How come these two otherwise unrelated events are interconnected ?

I want filled bookmark backgrounds, but not moving bookmarks except by dragging their title bar.

Cheers

Badge +2

Hi @lifalin2016. Thanks very much for sharing your feedback on this new bookmark behavior. I've found the idea suggested by juliarozema that is in agreement with you. Can you please add your vote to that idea? Thank you!

Badge +2

Well, I just found the "Draw bookmarks with filled background" option and turned it off.

Apparently this also turns off the unwanted "move-by-canvas" behaviour.

How come these two otherwise unrelated events are interconnected ?

I want filled bookmark backgrounds, but not moving bookmarks except by dragging their title bar.

Cheers

@lifalin2016, after finding that idea, I was told that this behavior is actually fixed in the 2018.1. You can find the improved behavior in our current Beta. Thanks again for the feedback!

Badge +2

Hi @lifalin2016. Thanks very much for sharing your feedback on this new bookmark behavior. I've found the idea suggested by juliarozema that is in agreement with you. Can you please add your vote to that idea? Thank you!

Update: The fix is available in 2018.1, available in Beta, as of 2018-07-06