Skip to main content

I am trying to set up a TCPIP Receiver to read raw data from a specific port on another host machine. On the box I am authoring the workspace with I can use Windows PowerShell to ping that location and have another technician confirm with Wireshark that data is being sent through this port.  

So in using the TCP\IP Receiver transformer I can ‘Successfully connect to host’ per the log but the translation immediately shuts down per the attached snip. 

Why is it doing this? It should be streaming data and to do so needs that transporter open. 

Thanks for any help. 

Hi WillHWillson.

Just before the connections closes, FME issues an “Emptying factory pipeline” message. This usually means, that the workspace has finished running, and so everything shuts down.

I’ve never used this transformer myself, but as I read the documentation for it, you might not be able to use it with anything else than the TCPIPSender transformer. There might be some internal/hidden handshake going on that your delivery service doesn’t handle.

An alternative approach could be to use the raw sockets in Python in a PythonCaller.

Cheers.