Skip to main content

I can get the so work in Server2019.1 but not Server2019.2. Has anyone else found this issue? We can only use the credential source of 'System'. The s3connector works for both version of desktop.

@planomax Does "We can only use the credential source of 'System'" mean that your organization restricts you to only use the System credential source or does only the System credential source work?

I did a quick test in FME Server 2019.2 (b19813) with S3Connector 1.0.6 and it worked as expected. I will try with System credentials as well.

To add follow up, it seems like FME is having an issue picking up the system credentials:

62Attribute(encoded: UTF-8) : `fme_rejection_code' has value `ERROR_NOCREDENTIALSERROR'63Attribute(encoded: UTF-8) : `fme_rejection_message' has value `S3Connector: Required Amazon S3 credentials were blank or could not be found. Please note that attribute values can not be used for credentials when browsing S3 interactively. If using system credentials, the precedence for credential sources for FME is the same as for the AWS CLI, and is explained at https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-getting-started.html#config-settings-and-precedence'

Does the server cache the credentials? If so, for how long? Can we force the server to reset the credentials?

Thanks for the help. This is a show stopper for me.

Pete

To add follow up, it seems like FME is having an issue picking up the system credentials:

62Attribute(encoded: UTF-8) : `fme_rejection_code' has value `ERROR_NOCREDENTIALSERROR'63Attribute(encoded: UTF-8) : `fme_rejection_message' has value `S3Connector: Required Amazon S3 credentials were blank or could not be found. Please note that attribute values can not be used for credentials when browsing S3 interactively. If using system credentials, the precedence for credential sources for FME is the same as for the AWS CLI, and is explained at https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-getting-started.html#config-settings-and-precedence'

Does the server cache the credentials? If so, for how long? Can we force the server to reset the credentials?

Thanks for the help. This is a show stopper for me.

Pete

Hi @planomax, I just tested system credentials on FME Server 2019.2 and the S3Connector works as expected on our side.

System credentials are not cached or stored anywhere by FME. They are system-specific and application-independent. On FME Server the system credentials need to be set up by the service account running the FME Server engines.

Can you confirm that one of the 6 options of system credentials is set up on the machine FME Server 2019.2 is running: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-configure.html#config-settings-and-precedence

And that the service account running the FME Server engines has access to it?

You can test this by logging in to the machine running FME Server with the service account running the FME Server Engines and then run he AWS CLI for example. This will confirm if the service account can access the system credentials.

Another troubleshooting step would be to compare the machine running FME Server 2019.1 with the machine running FME Server 2019.2:

Is the FME Server Engine service running with the same service account?

Do both machines have AWS system credentials configured?

I hope this helps! Let us know how this goes!