Skip to main content

Do packages need to be re-uploaded when FME Server is updated to a new version?

Are uploaded packages available on a per-user basis or are packages uploaded by one user available for use by another user on FME Server?

Thanks

This is my understanding, someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

• Packages have a lifecycle that is separate from FME Server. This means that a fresh installation of FME Server might not necessarily contain any packages, and if it does, it might not be the most recent version. I would expect a backup/restore of the old server to include all the packages from the old server (although I haven't specifically tested this).
  • Packages uploaded to FME Server are available for all users. That is why there is a special permission needed to upload packages.

This is my understanding, someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

• Packages have a lifecycle that is separate from FME Server. This means that a fresh installation of FME Server might not necessarily contain any packages, and if it does, it might not be the most recent version. I would expect a backup/restore of the old server to include all the packages from the old server (although I haven't specifically tested this).
  • Packages uploaded to FME Server are available for all users. That is why there is a special permission needed to upload packages.

That makes sense, and I got confirmation that package backup is an option during the server update process, as you mention. Thanks