Skip to main content

Is there a way I can publish multiple workbenches on FME server

Maybe using the API?

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_REST/apidoc/v3/index.html#

No idea if there is a method for what you are asking, though.

I agree with @oscard, the API is the way to go. You can create repositories and upload specific workspaces into them.

As itay and oscard have both mentioned, the FME Server REST API allows you to publish workspaces but you do need to have an understanding of all the requirements for publishing a workspace (such as registering services, etc.).

If you're not familiar with the intricacies of publishing a workspace to Server, then I'd suggest just using Workbench and publishing one at a time. If you have other requirements (such as automated deployment in a DEV environment), then looking into the REST API capabilities might be worthwhile.

If your requirement is to push multiple workspaces between FME Server environments (e.g. dev -> prod) then you should look at FME Server Projects.

Nic

Maybe using the API?

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_REST/apidoc/v3/index.html#

No idea if there is a method for what you are asking, though.

I agree, but just know that this solution isn't encouraged / offically supported by Safe, as the publishing wizard in FME Desktop apparently does quite a few things in addition to just pushing the workspace to the API.

I agree, but just know that this solution isn't encouraged / offically supported by Safe, as the publishing wizard in FME Desktop apparently does quite a few things in addition to just pushing the workspace to the API.

true, but its just a matter of understanding the extra steps needed to register the workspaces to a service and security issues.

I have migrated a couple of hundreds workspaces that way without too much issues.

true, but its just a matter of understanding the extra steps needed to register the workspaces to a service and security issues.

I have migrated a couple of hundreds workspaces that way without too much issues.

Then there's always the fact that since it's not documented/supported, that it can change version to version, but I suspect that it wouldn't be very likely to as it's pretty important functionality

Thanks for the input, I will check and get back.