Skip to main content

We get the following errors:

2020-10-29 17:09:30 | Python Exception <ImportError>: No module named fmeobjects

2020-10-29 17:09:30 | Failed to import `fmesite'

During installation i did not choose to install python2.7 because arcgis desktop 10.4.1 is already installed on the server. Also i encountered never issues with python before during previous upgrades (2018,2019).

I already tried to run a repair but i can't select the option to install python2.7 during this process.

I found this:

FME Server 2018.1 and later

<FMEServerDir>Server/fme/fme.exe APPLY_SETTINGS SYSTEM "Python/Use Custom Python <32|64>" true

<FMEServerDir>Server/fme/fme.exe APPLY_SETTINGS SYSTEM "Python/Python Interpreter <32|64>" c:/<path_to_dll>/python27.dll

<FMEServerDir>Server/fme/fme.exe APPLY_SETTINGS SYSTEM "Python/Custom Python Home <32|64>" c:/<path_to_python_home>

In this case can i point to C:\\apps\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\fmepython27.dll?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @francis​ ,

I don't have an answer to you questions, but an important question:

Is the python version 2.7 a requirement, or can you go with the python 3.x series?

Python 2.7 is becoming more and more legacy.

I hope you will get a good answer that help you soon!

Daniel

Hi @francis​ ,

I don't have an answer to you questions, but an important question:

Is the python version 2.7 a requirement, or can you go with the python 3.x series?

Python 2.7 is becoming more and more legacy.

I hope you will get a good answer that help you soon!

Daniel

it is a requirement for us because we are working in an arcgis server enterprise environment (10.4.1) and still use arcmap

i did a reinstallation with install of python2.7 and it solved the problem.

Thanks