Skip to main content
Question

2016.1 version - FME Desktop works fine but fails in FME Server - does not show translation successful

• 5 February 2018
  • 4 replies

In FME Desktop, the FME Script ends with Successful translation. But when running in FME Server, it stops after Total Features Written based on the log file. Does not close the geodatabase and does not show the translation was successful log.

This is why the job is marked as failed in FME server.

Reader and Writers are both ArcGIS SDE Geodatabase

There can be several causes for this. In order to help you get to the bottom of it it would be helpful if you could share at least the log with us.

Also: is this the only workspace that fails to read from / write to those specific database(s) or can you not access them at all through FME Server.

Some things off the top of my head that could be the case:

• Does FME Server have access to the database? (i.e. is it allowed by the firewall and network rules?)
  • Do you have the correct SDE libraries on FME Server? (see this post for more info)
Some other useful resources:

Hope this helps!

There can be several causes for this. In order to help you get to the bottom of it it would be helpful if you could share at least the log with us.

Also: is this the only workspace that fails to read from / write to those specific database(s) or can you not access them at all through FME Server.

Some things off the top of my head that could be the case:

• Does FME Server have access to the database? (i.e. is it allowed by the firewall and network rules?)
  • Do you have the correct SDE libraries on FME Server? (see this post for more info)
Some other useful resources:

Hope this helps!

We are doing a refresh of one SDE to 2 other SDEs (it's almost a
direct copy) for selected feature classes. There are 5 jobs that are
running in parallel that also do the same refresh from the same source
and destination (to different feature classes for each job). They are
all scheduled to run at the same time. Currently it seems that only 1
and the same job is running successfully.

We are doing a refresh of one SDE to 2 other SDEs (it's almost a
direct copy) for selected feature classes. There are 5 jobs that are
running in parallel that also do the same refresh from the same source
and destination (to different feature classes for each job). They are
all scheduled to run at the same time. Currently it seems that only 1
and the same job is running successfully.

Try running the jobs one at a time, see if that makes a difference.

Try running the jobs one at a time, see if that makes a difference.

Upon checking today, it is now a different job that has run successfully, while the other 4 failed. Will try your suggestion and see how it goes. Thanks!