Question

Qt6Gui_fme.dll crashes starting FME 2023 (workbench, data inspector, license manager)

• 29 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have installed FME form (2023.0.0.3) and am trying to run workbench or licensing assistant or any of the suite but I run up against the Qt6Gui crash.

The articles in the FME community forum have mentioned that this has been a known issue and have suggested upgrading to the latest version to resolve this.

Unfortunately at this time there is not a later version.

After several reinstalls and deleting every FME folder I can find I still get the same error.

To get around this I have reinstalled FME 2022.2.3 and workbench works as normal.

Is anyone running into this issue with the latest version?

Do I need to wait for the next release to resolve this?

Has anyone had luck with replacing the dll to get around this?

The below is a screenshot is what I am seeing:

Crash windowThe only thing I can think of is that I was running the 2023 install while a 2022 workbench was running at the same time and locked the dll file.

Thoughts?

Michael.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @michaelbreen​ sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. This is a known issue to us that we're currently investigating and we will update you when a fix has been released. For your reference, our internal ticket tracking this issue is FMEFORM-28857. 

As a workaround, you could also try deleting the following registry in the Registry Editor & then restart your computer: 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Safe Software Inc.

FME will repopulate the registry keys when you start up FME Workbench again.

Hi @michaelbreen​ sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. This is a known issue to us that we're currently investigating and we will update you when a fix has been released. For your reference, our internal ticket tracking this issue is FMEFORM-28857. 

As a workaround, you could also try deleting the following registry in the Registry Editor & then restart your computer: 

FME will repopulate the registry keys when you start up FME Workbench again.

@danminneyatsaf​ 

I'm running into this issue on my Windows 2012 R2 data prep server.  I've tried different versions of 2022 and 2023 with zero luck.  I've also tried deleting the registry key with zero luck.

In some of the articles, versions and build numbers are referenced, but I'm not finding any of those specific builds.  Versions after those referenced still seem to have this bug and its listed as a known issue on the 2023 page.

Is there an actual downloadable version that is known to work?

Thanks, Richard

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@danminneyatsaf​ 

I'm running into this issue on my Windows 2012 R2 data prep server. I've tried different versions of 2022 and 2023 with zero luck. I've also tried deleting the registry key with zero luck.

In some of the articles, versions and build numbers are referenced, but I'm not finding any of those specific builds. Versions after those referenced still seem to have this bug and its listed as a known issue on the 2023 page.

Is there an actual downloadable version that is known to work?

Thanks, Richard

Hey Richard,

Sorry to hear you're running into the same issue.

Windows Server 2012 R2 is no longer supported for FME 2023. However, FME 2022.2 should still work with Windows Server 2012 R2.

What version of FME 2022 do you have installed on your machine? I recommend un-installing all installations of FME, deleting all relevant folders in your program files, deleting the registry keys, and then re-installing FME 2022. To download past versions of FME you can check here: https://engage.safe.com/support/downloads/#past-versions

Regards,

Dan

Badge +2

I am having this same issue in FME Form 2023.1 and I tried the workaround listed above:

As a workaround, you could also try deleting the following registry in the Registry Editor & then restart your computer: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Safe Software Inc.Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Safe Software Inc. FME will repopulate the registry keys when you start up FME Workbench again.

I have had no luck with the workaround so far. I am working in a VDI but not in a VMWare system. I have found that eventually after trying to open the workbench for hours it will open, but the issue seems to come back after a while. Has anyone had any luck working around this issue, because it is really impacting my work. Thanks!