Question

no Download for Beta 2023 available?

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Sort of. You might be aware that we're doing a corporate rebrand, and this includes FME itself. So we've pulled the beta page so that nothing gets leaked. But as David says, we're very close to a release candidate, so the betas would have been frozen very soon anyway. I'm not quite sure of the exact timeline, but the above webinar might even be the release date anyway.

Thanks for clarifying @mark2atsafe​. I would also like to add that people who are concerned can talk to their local reseller. We've been trying our best to inform all our clients about this and answer all their questions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Sort of. You might be aware that we're doing a corporate rebrand, and this includes FME itself. So we've pulled the beta page so that nothing gets leaked. But as David says, we're very close to a release candidate, so the betas would have been frozen very soon anyway. I'm not quite sure of the exact timeline, but the above webinar might even be the release date anyway.

@michiedem​ Today I got a confirmation from my local reseller that for current licenses nothing will change in the yearly maintenance costs.

Just like @david_r​ said above: "Yearly maintenance costs for existing licenses will not change, according to what I've heard. All your current licenses under maintenance will be automatically upgraded to Smallworld-Edition at no further cost."

Badge +3

Yes, I now got the same information, though Safe themselfs will not communicate any timepath for the maintenance costs. Still holds that when we want to expand (either more form licenses or start with Form Hosted or however it's called) the new costs are going to be prohibitive.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Thanks Hans. Yes, I should have been clearer about that. I made sure to mention it in yesterday's Whats Up post.