Solved

FME personnalize skins

• 1 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hi,

Is it possible to change the skins of FME 2016?

I installed FME 2016 and I would like to return to the classic skins (FME 2015 or 2014).

It is not ugly, but it is not my style.

It would be cool to have several skins for FME :

- FME in DOS

- FME dark

- FME pink

- FME comics

I like to program XML or JavaScript into a black background, I think my eyes would like it for FME too.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by mark_f 1 March 2016, 19:27

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

There was the possibility of changing the skin in earlier versions of Workbench and looking in FME 2015 it seemed to still exist.

See menu Tools > FME Options click Appearance

where the option to install a Theme. This option is missing in FME 2016 as is the <FME_Dir>\\res\\themes folder that existed in 2015. I'm guessing it is no longer possible even though the 2016 documentation still refers to it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

There was the possibility of changing the skin in earlier versions of Workbench and looking in FME 2015 it seemed to still exist.

See menu Tools > FME Options click Appearance

where the option to install a Theme. This option is missing in FME 2016 as is the <FME_Dir>\\res\\themes folder that existed in 2015. I'm guessing it is no longer possible even though the 2016 documentation still refers to it.

Yes, I think it was dropped for 2016. I've asked the docs team to remove the references to it from the help docs. Other than that, I don't think there's much I can suggest to the original question. I don't know why it was removed (probably just one of those things that I don't think anyone ever used) but you could contact our support team (safe.com/support) and someone would be able to ask the developers why and if there is any chance it would return.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

where can i find theme for FME ?

I would like to use a dark skin too ...

thanks