Question

FME Challenge: 12 Days of FME Hackathon 2018

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Is this only for you? Apparently I've earned 3 mince pies by doing nothing today xD

Yes, only linked to my fitbit data for the example - no mince pies for you

Badge +2

I think it's all good now :) Good luck to everyone!

I still can't see them :(

Badge +14

If anybody has ideas for a TimeExpander transformer, I would be able to work on an idea for this Hackaton.

I am just too busy to be able to have some "out of work" fun with FME.

Maybe next year.

Good luck everybody!

What about the timemanagement transformer that features timeshrink and timeexpxander, which shrinks mundane tasks like work, and expands fun tasks like bicycling :D

Badge +8

I still can't see them :(

Very weird. It was working on Chrome but not on FF or IE. But now it should work on all browsers... well I cross my fingers! Never thought that the hardest part of this contest would be to put pictures on my post! hahahaha

Badge +14

Title: Laugh (on a schedule)

Description: Its December, the holidays are nearly on us and of course what we need is a little extra email. Yes! Who doesn't need more email! With this workspace you too can receive a few extra emails, but this time generated by FME and containing something to make you laugh "on a schedule". The process is designed for scheduling because only you know best when you need cheering up the most! Simply download the workspace, punch in your email details into the published parameters and define your own email web connection and you're away, just schedule the process with FME Desktop, Server or Cloud to be amused by the wonderful https://xkcd.com/, a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language...on a schedule!

Here's an example of what you'll get to delight you, in your inbox:

...and if you'd like to get FREE, yes I know, I did say FREE... access to FME Cloud to run the process on over the holiday season, https://console.fmecloud.safe.com/signup?referrer=9W6m1IwoenZ-pOHNGeFtRk3ykyM" target="_blank">just click this link and follow the instructions!

File containing your project: XKCD_randomcomic_emailer.fmw

Techniques this process demonstrates:

• The benefits of scheduling and creating anything as-a-service with FME.
  • The ability to connect to any API, no matter how obscure or trivial <cough>.
  • FeatureReading instead of Reading!
  • Building HTML with FME. I know, right!
  • The wonder of never reaching inbox zero. It's a myth anyway...

Happy Holidays one and all.

Dave

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello FME users!

This is my proposal for the Hackathon 2018.

Title : Financial Market Exchange process

Description : Your favorite movie is The Wolf of Wall Street? You always wanted to become a stock-broker? Then FME is here to help you to keep an eye on all your favorite company quotes in realtime. This Financial Market Exchange workspace will sumarize everything for you into an Excel file sent by email.

More informations explained into the workspace.

Download from the FME Hub

I don't know what happened, but since I started using this, all my shares have gone up in value! I'm very impressed. Thanks. I hope it continues to bring me good luck ;-)

Badge +8

I don't know what happened, but since I started using this, all my shares have gone up in value! I'm very impressed. Thanks. I hope it continues to bring me good luck ;-)

Maybe because of my script you'll be able to buy a much bigger house than Dale's new one :P

Badge +14

@FMELizard shouldn't submissions be closed & voting open?

Badge +14

Hi there,

After discovering that my initial idea for a custom reader was already supported by FME, I have decided to turn it completely around and make something for fun.

Title: CatFun

Description: A workspace to help you enjoy a moment of fun in your busy day.

My project can be found at the FME Hub or here catfun.fmwt

Don't forget to setup the Emailer transformer!

This hackathon should be a yearly FME tradition!

Itay

PS. I also do really want that FME tie.....;)

Just got to thinking about trying to develop a workspace that would pull in info/photos of local pets up for adoption like from petfinder.com (: meow